The Joomla Project is pleased to announce the availability of the sixth Joomla 4.0 Alpha for testing with two main goals. This release includes most of the Joomla Core library changes that will be included with version 4.0.0.
What is this release for?
There are two main goals for Alpha releases:
- Providing developers with the basis to test their extensions and reporting any issues well before the final release
- Allowing users to discover the new features introduced to Joomla 4.
Note: Remember this is an Alpha and is not ready for use on a production website. It is for testing only.
What’s the difference between Joomla Alpha 6 and Joomla Alpha 7?
Joomla 4 Alpha 7 contains various fixes from Alpha 6 but most of the changes lie in the merge of the 4 last versions of Joomla 3.8 (3.8.9 to 3.8.13).
Here is a short list of the main improvements merged in Alpha 7:
- Continuation of the work on group buttons with dropdown
- Web Services merged
- Form validation refactored to simplify the hook in the custom validation logic
- Nested taxonomies added to Smart Search
- RTL and Accessibility improvements
Please visit GitHub to see all changes applied between Alpha 6 and Alpha 7.
Note: All bug fixes and changes made, up to the current release of Joomla, will be included in the release of Joomla 4.0. At the moment only the changes up to and including Joomla 3.8.13 have been merged.