This tutorial will help to teach you how to move your WordPress installation on a new WordPress site URL's both via WordPress admin and also how to change the WordPress url and Site url with wp-config.php file.
How to Change the WordPress address in wp-admin dashboard
You can easily adjust your WordPress URL settings directly from the admin dashboard. This method will typically work if you haven't moved your WordPress installation and aren't having any issues access it.
- 1. First Login to your WordPress Admin Dashboard.
- 2. Then click on Settings -> General options.
- 3. Enter in your WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) and click Save.
How to Change the WordPress address with wp-config.php file.
Another easiest way to modify your WordPress URLs is via the wp-config.php file. If you've moved or unable to modified or login into your WordPress site or are trying to test it from a temporary URL, this also might be the only method that works for you guys.
- 1. Go and Edit your wp-config.php file from root directory of WordPress site.
- 2. Then define your WP_HOME and WP_SITEURL settings by adding these lines towards the top or bottom,